1. How do we collect and use your personal information?
1.1 Types of information collected
In order to provide our services to you we will ask you for personal information that is necessary for us to successfully provide those services. If you do not provide us with this personal information, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
We will only collect the information that is necessary for its specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. We may collect the following types of information (which may or may not be personal information):
• Information you provide to us or upload (including your contact details): we may collect personal information you provide to us, like your name, mobile phone number, email address, or data you may sync with the device you use to access “IM Space” application, information used to create your account or related to your account setup on “IM Space” application, devices you add or information that you send, and feedback.
• Information related to the handheld device terminal or your SIM card : we may collect information related to the operation of the “IM Space” application on handheld device terminal. For example, IMEI number, IMSI number, the version of your operating system, manufacturing information about your device, model name, and network operator. We may also collect information about the device associated with your account. For example, MAC address, DID, network status of the device (IP/network signal), and the version of your firmware.
• Information we designate that is about you : we may collect and use content such as information related to your “IM Space” application account.
• Location information (only for specific services/functionalities): various types of information on your location. For example, region, country code, city code, mobile network code, mobile country code, cell identity, district name, time zone settings, language settings.
• Log information : information related to your use of certain functions, apps and websites. For example, cookies and other anonymous identifier technologies, IP address, network request information, temporary messaging history, standard system logs, and crash information.
• Other information : environmental characteristics value (ECV) (i.e. value generated from “IM Space” Account ID, phone device ID, connected Wi-Fi ID and location value ).
• Account credentials : information related to your account credentials. For example, password, password security questions and answers, etc.
We may also collect other types of anonymous information which are not directly or indirectly linked to an individual and which is aggregated, anonymized or de-identified. For example, the device model and system version number of the user's mobile phone device may be collected when using a particular service. Such information is collected in order to improve the services we provide to you.
1.2 How this personal information can be used
• Providing, processing, maintaining, improving, and developing our goods and/or services to you, and services provided through your device by “IM Space” application.
• Communication with you about your device, service, or any general queries, such as updates, device firmware/software updates, customer support, related information, and notices).
• Conducting marketing related activities, such as providing marketing and promotional materials and updates. • Analyzing and developing statistical on use of our products and services to better improve our products and services.
• Storing and maintaining about you for our business operations or legal obligations.
• Providing local services without communicating with our servers. Here are more details on how we use your information (which may include personal information):
• Setting up your “IM-SMART” Account. Personal information collected when creating “IM-SMART” Account through our mobile devices is used for creating the personal “IM-SMART” Account and profile page for the user.
• Providing location-based services. When using “IM-SMART” and accessing “IM-SMART” devices, we may use information about your location to determine the time zone of the device. This will ensure that the device accurately displays the correct time and login service area. It will also optimize user experience by providing services such as advance activation of the corresponding device at a time set by the user. You can turn off this feature at any time by going to device settings or by discontinuing your use of this application.
• Accessing devices. The authenticity of devices that are operated through the app must be verified. We therefore need to confirm the legal identity of the device by consulting the factory MAC and DID information. In addition, in order to connect the device to the network, it will need to be configured through the app. During configuration, you must enter the corresponding Wi-Fi name and password. This information will only be used to connect the device to the network. The Wi-Fi and password data you enter will be encrypted and stored locally on your device; it will not be uploaded to the server. In addition, you can access the device and delete this information at any time. We also need to analyze the device's IP and network signal in order to determine the optimal network connection method. This will ensure the stability of the device network.
• Display of device status. This allows you to view the status of the device remotely that you can check at any time whether or not the device is running.
• Providing push services. Account numbers and IMEI Numbers will also be used for the “IM-SMART” push service, which sends device notifications to the user. You can turn off this feature at any time by changing the preferences listed under "Notifications Settings."
• Collecting user feedback. The feedback you choose to provide is extremely valuable, as it helps us improve the services provided by “IM Space”. In order to track your feedback, “IM Space” may use the personal information you provide to contact you and to keep records.
• Sending notifications. We may occasionally use your personal information to send important notifications, for example, notifications about the status of device malfunctions; your customized device push notifications (which depend on what additional equipment you have purchased); and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
2. Who do we share your personal information?
Your personal data is safe with us: we do not sell or trade your personal information to other third parties. We may only disclose personal information to third parties (as defined below) in order to provide products or services based on your requirements. You can rest assured that “IM Space” will only share the personal information in accordance with your consent. Below you can learn more about who we share your personal data with.
• To our third-party service providers who perform certain business-related functions for us, such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer support service, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services to us.
• To our customers and other business partners who provide you, directly or indirectly, with your Smart Devices, and/or networks and systems through which you access and use our Sites and Services.
• To subsidiaries or affiliates within our corporate family, to carry out regular business activities.
• To other parties when required by Law or as necessary to protect our services, for example, it may be necessary by law, legal process, or court order from governmental authorities to disclose your information. They may also seek your information from us for the purposes of law enforcement, national security, anti-terrorism, or other issues that are related to public security.
• To other parties in connection with corporate transactions, we may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
3. How we store and protect your personal information?
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place all legally required physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you during your use of “IM-SMART” app. We will ensure that we safeguard your personal information in accordance with applicable law. When you send or receive data from your device to our servers, we make sure they are encrypted using number of protocols including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) and other algorithms.
All your personal information is stored on secure servers, and protected in controlled facilities. We classify your information based on importance and sensitivity, and ensure that your personal information has the required level of security. We have special access controls for cloud-based data storage, and we regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against any unauthorized access and use.
We will take all practicable and legally required steps to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information when transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
We handle personal data breaches as required by applicable data protection law which includes, where required, notifying the breach to the relevant data protection supervisory authority and data subjects.
3.2 What you can do
You can play your part in safeguarding your personal information by not disclosing your login password or account information to anybody, unless such person is duly authorized by you. Whenever you log into “IM Space” account user, particularly on somebody else's computer or on public Internet terminals, you should always sign out at the end of your session.
“IM Space” cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party accessing your personal information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you must notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by any other Internet user or any other security breaches occur. Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information.
4. How long do we keep your personal information?
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that information will be anonymized, destroyed or erased from our systems when it’s no longer required. We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information about you based on the following logic:
1. At least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with a Service;
2. As required under law, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations; or
3. Only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
5. Where are your personal information processed?
To the extent that we need to process your personal information outside your jurisdiction, whether it is transferred to our affiliates (these may include communications, social media, technology, or cloud services) or to third-party service providers, we shall do so in accordance with the applicable laws. In particular, in order to ensure that all such transfers comply with applicable local data protection law, we will implement appropriate security safeguards. You will have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards taken by us for this transfer of your personal information. For example, if you choose to use other third-party services available for this product or service (Google Assistant), those third parties may be able to read information about you, information about you may also be transferred to a third-party server outside of your jurisdiction, and you agree to this kind of transfer.
6. What are your rights?
To make it easier for you to access, correct and delete your personal information while using the “IM-SMART” app, and to protect your right to withdraw your license to use personal information, we have provided the appropriate operational settings in the product design. Below are the guidelines:
• Access to personal information
You can view the device running status and history on the smart device main page that you have bound. You can view the device information on the device's settings page, including the device name, device placement location, manufacturer name, MAC address, serial number, and device information such as network information. You can click the account picture to jump to "IM-SMART” app account to view your account information.
• Delete personal information
You can delete the smart device you have bound by accessing the Settings > Delete Device / Unbind Device page of the smart device, and clear the device information stored on the local and server of the “IM-SMART” application. You can uninstall the "IM-SMART" application or clear the "IM-SMART" application data stored locally by the "IM-SMART" application, or you can access "Me" > "About Us" > "IM-SMART User Agreement", to stop using the "IM-SMART" service and clear the personal information stored on the "IM-SMART" application locally and on the server.
• Update personal information
You can set device operation parameters and change device information on the smart device main page that you have bound and the device's Settings page. You can click on the account picture to jump to "IM-SMART” app account to change your account information.
• Withdrawal of consent
You can withdraw your personal information by visiting "Me" > "About Us" > "IM-SMART User Agreement" or "Privacy Statement Interface", click on the icon in the upper right corner, and then click "Disagree with this statement" Agree to use and stop using the "IM-SMART" service. Note that the next time you use the "IM-SMART" service, you need to re-authorize.
8. Contact us
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.